What about Samui Elephant Home?
- Samui Elephant Home is a sanctuary where elephants can roam free, unshackled by chains. Our mission is to increase public knowledge about these gentle giants and promote the importance of conservation of Asian elephants for the benefit of future generations through our sincere and ethical program.
- We would like to invite everyone to joy with us and help to conserve Asian elephants. We believe that if we all come together, anything is possible.
- Our project is to build the first elephant clinic or if possible, the first elephant hospital on Koh Samui. At present, if the elephants fall sick the nearest healthcare is located in Krabi Province around 300 kilimeters from Koh Samui. The elephant hospital will safeguard the heath of elephants on this island.
- Samui Elephant Home has insurance which covers all our visitors. However, we recommed that you take out personal travel insurance for your trip to Thailand.
-Yes, we welcome children of all ages at Samui Elephant Home. However, safety is our first priority. Instruction and guidelines concerning all safety aspects will be explained before walking with elephants and bathing with them. We offer discounted rate for children 5-11 years old.
Are my personal details kept private?
- All personal detail remain private. We do not sell or share personal information.
What time are the tours?
- The morning tour runs from 9:00 – 12:00, and the afternoon tour from 14:00 – 17:00.
What is included in the program?
- We provide a registered guide, full insurance, a welcome drink and snack during the program and healthy food to feed to the elephants.
What do we need to bring on the tour?
- Please bring a hat, sun protection, towel, camera and comfortable shoes. (Please also bring your passport or ID for insurance purposes)
Can we change the date for the tour?
- Yes, give us a call or contact us via the website and let us know what date you wish to change to.
What type of snack is served?
- At the end of the program, we will serve a kind of snack such as spaghetti, spring rolls, sandwichs, salad rolls, kind of fruits and soft drinks. If you have any food allergies or special requirements, please tell us at least 24 hours in advance.
What if it is raining?
- We are still open even if it is raining. In fact, the elephants enjoy the rain as they can play in the water and the fresh mud.
Don’t worry, we can provide umbrellas and raincoats if you need them.